I'm a coffee connoisseur. Self-proclaimed, that is. (Also, I totally spelled "connoisseur" right on the first try and I'm really proud of myself!)
Ok, so I don't really know all that much about the "art" or "science" of coffee, but I do drink coffee on a daily basis and I know what I like and I know what I don't like.
Barefoot Coffee - I like. A lot.
I used to be pro-Seattle's Best - which, in its own right, is also very good. MUCH MUCH better than Starbucks, which I actually kind of hate. Tastes like burning!
They have lots of specialty coffee drinks that incorporate condensed milk, coconut milk, 5 types of chocolate, and even caramelized sugar where they use a TORCH. With FIRE.
Barefoot coffee, how I love thee. Let me count the ways.
- Smooth and rich taste (never burnt, never sour)
- The in-store roasting
- The cute pictures they draw in the foam on top of your latte
- The little almond biscuit they give you when you have a drink in-store
- The "Cubano"
- The "Vietnamese Coffee"
- The "Voo Doo"
- The superfluous amount of outlets
- The counter w/ stools (I really like sitting on stools at counters)
- The condiment station (containers of liquid sugar, molasses, caramel, turbinado sugar, brown sugar, honey)
- Buy 10 drinks, get 1 free
But best of all - it is truly a GOOD cup of coffee.
Unfortunately, you can only have it if you live in the South Bay.
Location: 5237 Stevens Creek Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95051