Willie Nelson's Country Peach Cobbler
On a whim, I bought this new flavor at Safeway. The label says "Peach Ice Cream with Cinnamon-Sugar Shortbread Pieces." Now, I'm not usually a fan of STUFF in my ice cream. I don't need swirls of stuff and bits of crunchiness or anything. Also, I'm a Haagen-Dazs girl.
Ok, I know Ben & Jerry's is known for having lots of crap mixed in their ice cream. That is the essence of Ben & Jerry's. Why even buy Ben & Jerry's if you DON'T like crap in your ice cream?
Because I love ice cream and I always think, "maybe I'll like it this time." The only flavor that I've consistently liked and have re-bought was Cherry Garcia. Here are some flavors that I've tried. While they were good (I mean, I still ate the whole container), but I probably wouldn't re-buy:
- Dublin Mudslide: Irish Cream Liqueur Ice Cream with Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies and a Coffee Fudge Swirl
- Coffee Heath Bar Crunch: Coffee Ice Cream with Chunks of HEATH® Bar Crunch (made with Fair Trade Certified™ coffee)
- Turtle Soup: Vanilla ice cream with fudge & caramel cashews & a caramel swirl
- Vermonty Python: Coffee liqueur ice cream with a chocolate cookie crumb swirl & fudge cows
- Oatmeal Cookie Chunk: Sweet Cream Cinnamon Ice Cream with Chunks of Oatmeal Cookies & Fudge
YUM!!! Good job, Willie Nelson! I will place you among the ranks of Cherry Garcia!
The peach ice cream was good, not too sweet. The shortbread pieces were small but good. Crumbly and not too salty. The cinnamon flavor was not overpowering. There was actually also a peach swirl in the icecream - almost like apricot jam with some peach bits. Pretty good!
The bf even said that he would add this to one of his "favorite flavors" list. Big words, my friend. I don't know if I would go that far, but it was pretty delicious.
Vendor: Ben & Jerry's