Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8




I think this will be my first lens purchase. For two reasons:

  1. Faster shutter speed. I was also considering the Canon 17-85/4-5.6 IS. While the Canon has image stabilization, the Tamron is faster, though it lacks IS. While slow lenses with IS can be used at slower shutter speeds than would be possible with a faster lens, those slower shutter speeds aren't always be fast enough to freeze movement.

  2. Smaller depth of field. I love this look! Blurring the background = cool. Here's an example:





Actually, it would be pretty cool to get a
SUPER wide angle lens, but that's probably not very practical. This one would be more everyday-use friendly. I'm not making enough (or ANY) money to be splurging on extravagant, unecessary camera lenses. This one is a good "in-between" lens to waste money on until I can afford $1500 L-lenses!


I should rename this blog "How to Waste Money by Tramanh Phi."


Price: $449
Vendor: Amazon.com


2 comments :: Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8

  1. TAMRON!!! Tell me how that works out- the Tamron, Tokinas, and Sigmas of the world remind me of Hill Country Fare. I was always curious about the quality, but I know tons of semi-pro photographers who use them

  2. I have the Canon lens and it's working fine for me. ;) The IS really works pretty well. Don't forget the 1.6X factor on some of the Canon Digital SLRs

Post a Comment