For Valentine's Day, the bf and I ate at Arcadia, the new Michael Minna restaurant. For dessert, we ordered some molten chocolate cake thing. While it was delicious, I conceded that the Godiva Chocolate Cake at Morton's was better - if not for the heaping scoop of Haagen Dazs vanilla and fresh berries that come with it.
I managed to find a simple, but similar recipe online that doesn't involve the horrifying word "souffle" (so hard to make!)
Dark Chocolate Puds
GoodFood Magazine: 101 Tempting Desserts.
- 8 tbsp butter, chopped and extra for greasing
- 4 tbsp plain plour, plus extra for dusting
- 100g (about 1/2 cup) bar dark chocolate, broken
- 8 cubes of GOOD dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 6 tbsp superfine sugar (can also put regular granulated sugar through food processor)
- Preheat oven at 400F. Butter and lightly flour muffin tray.
- Melt dark chocolate and butter in microwave, roughly 2 mins.
- Whisk eggs and sugar until mixture leaves a trail on top when whisk blades are lifted.
- Stir in flour, then chocolate mixture.
- Pour into muffin tray.
- Push in a cube of dark chocolate into center of each (nice and deep!).
- Place on baking tray and bake 16-20mins.
- Cool for 5 mins, and turn out onto plates.
- Serve with vanilla icecream and tart berries (like raspberries!). Serves 8