This recipe interested me b/c the flautas are baked and not fried. This means they are ~healthy~ and I can eat 30 of them.
Also, it's called Oven-Crips. Maybe b/c it's actually supposed to say "Crisp," but more likely because the recipe was developed by blue bandana-wearing gang members.
This goes great with sour cream and homemade guacamole. For an easy version, just mash up some avocado with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. For a complicated version, chop up some onion, tomato, and cilantro too. Maybe some garlic and jalapeno too. Remember to leave big chunks of avocado. This is key.
This is a recipe for vegetarian flautas, but vegetarian anything is gross so I'd add shredded chicken.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 2 15-oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425F. Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook onion 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute, or until translucent.
- Stir in beans, chili powder and 1 cup water. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 10 minutes, or until most of liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat. Mash beans until mixture is thickened but still chunky, and some beans remain whole. Stir in 1 cup salsa and corn, and season with salt and pepper. Cool.
- Spoon 1/3 cup black bean mixture down center of tortilla. [Add optional chicken] Roll tortilla around filling, and secure closed with toothpick. Set on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas and black bean mixture. Bake 6 to 10 minutes, or until tortillas are browned and crisp.